Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I'm Back

Well I just got back from dinner with some of my favies (yes, favies.) who are new-found bloggers. And as I sit in Milliken, contemplating the complexities of Colin Wells argument in his essay, "How Did God Get Started?" for my theories class, I just can't help but realize that I would rather be doing literally anything besides this paper.

So, to quote a track from the once-proclaimed "King of the South" artist T.I., "Like a G I hold it down for the town I'm at. In a flash like that, recognize I'm back."

BOOM. BLOG WORLD. I'M BACK.

Clearly I have returned from New Zealand (against my will, of course) and am now back in the good ole U-S of A. I did take a side trip to Australia that I have yet to explain. Perhaps one day you people will get those stories. Who knows? Not me.

So here I sit, across from Sarah, who I just awkwardly stared at, and am still awkwardly staring at. Creepy, I know. Now we are creeping on each other. Awesome.

Literally, what do people write about in blogs?

I'm going to be honest, this is probably going to my last one. But it's been real. And it's been fun. And it has allowed for further procrastination on my part.

As I depart, I leave you with the words that are pumping through my speakers, motivating me to press on with this paper. These words are the words of a small-time hero of mine, Marshall Mathers, or as most people know him, Eminem:

"Cause sometimes you feel tired, feel weak, and when you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up. But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength and just pull that PAPER out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse."

Eminem, you always know exactly what to say to speak to my heart.

PEACE AND BLESSINS.

2 comments: