Friday, August 6, 2010

The Sister is Preggers.

Okay okay, so I'm going to try to get better about this blogging thing. I suppose I can start with where I left off - the most epic day ever. No, but seriously, it was legendary.

It was Wednesday afternoon for me so Tuesday evening for you guys at home and I had a skype date with my wonderful sister. I was so excited because we hadn't talked in a long time and, as most of you know, I am lost without her. My sister is pretty much my other half.

So, when I get online she tells me that she can't figure out skype (typical) and so I'm going to have to call them because "everyone wants to hear my voice". And all I'm thinking is how expensive it is to call internationally. So I just tell her to fix skype. So I try to describe how to get it working and she's just not figuring it out.

So finally I just end up caving and call the house. When I call, Holly tells me that she's holding a baby. As if that's a big deal or something. When is she not holding children? (She always hogs them.) So I just continue to ramble about how she needs to fix skype so that we can talk because my phone is going to cut out soon. And she's like "did you even hear me?! I'm having a baby! I'm pregnant!" Finally, it registers. And I freaked out. And continued to freak out all day long.

It was the first time that I've wanted to go home since I've been here -- just for a day so I could hug my little pregnant sister! What I want to understand is why Holly always does the cool things when I'm NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. (She got engaged while I was in Washington DC). Not cool. But oh well, it'll be even greater to come home to her little pregnant belly. And now every shop that I go into I look at all the baby stuff. This kid is going to be decked out in New Zealand gear.

The day just continued to get more and more legendary as it progressed, but I will save those stories for a later date. I mean, I sent a text to the States in a frenzied mindset because of how legendary this day was (shout out KEEZ GORILLA -- that means you Allie).

Needless to say, I didn't get much done that day. I was too stunned by how crazy life is.

2 comments: